Welcome to the Summer edition of our Parish Council newsletter. We hope that this newsletter finds you safe and well, Clotton Hoofield Parish Council would like to let you know that we are here to continue to support you all in these unprecedented times.
Your Parish Councillors
Cllr Richard Roberts (Chairman) Cllr Charles Kinsey
Cllr Jane Nicholas Cllr Peter Manby
Cllr Geoffrey Bibby
Trudy Ryall-Harvey (Clerk)
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 07805 698388
Parish Council Website http://www.clottonhoofieldparishcouncil.co.uk/
Parish Councillor vacancies
- Do you want to serve your Community?
- Do you have time or expertise which could benefit your Community?
- Do you want to make a difference to all those around you?
- Are you concerned about your local area?
The Parish Council currently have three Parish Councillor vacancies and would like to fill all three places as soon as possible.
If you would like to put yourself forward as a Clotton Hoofield Parish Councillor, then please either get in touch with the Clerk to the Council email@example.com or come along to the next meeting of the Parish Council to introduce yourself.
Next Parish Council Meetings…
Monday 21st September, 2020 at 7.30pm
Monday 16th November, 2020 at 7.30pm
Clotton & Hoofield War Memorial Hall Willington Road, CW6 0HD
All meetings are open to press and public. There will be an opportunity during the meeting for members of the public to raise any parish matters of concern.
Neighbourhood Development Plan
The plan has been in consultation and development since March 2017, and has now been approved by Cheshire West and Chester Council and the Examiner. The final stage before adoption is a referendum with the residents of Clotton Hoofield. In normal circumstances this would have already happened however with the disruption to normal processes caused by the pandemic, the date and methodology for the referendum will be determined by Cheshire West and Chester Council as soon as possible. Meantime, the plan is available on our Parish Council website for review.
We would ask you to vote when the referendum date is announced.
We are happy to receive any questions or comments via e mail or in person at a Parish Council meeting.
What we have done…
- Set up a COV19 Clotton Hoofield Community Support Volunteer Team
- Organised a community Christmas walk followed by refreshments
- Supported the aims and objectives of the Tarvin Educational Foundation
- Installed flower planter in Hoofield
- Promoted the Cheshire West and Chester Council ‘Walk. Ride. Thrive’ campaign
- Supported the Great British Spring Clean 2019 & 2020
- Contributed to Duddon and Clotton War Memorial Hall refurbishment
- Publicised the twice weekly village bus service
- Proactively reported and followed up on highway and public footpath issues
- Lobbied to get the speed limit reduced on a section of the A51 through Clotton
- Liaised with the police and broader A51 group of Parish Councils to improve the safety and adverse impact of speeding traffic along the road
What we are doing…
We meet every two months to discuss and act on issues of importance to the local community. We comment on planning applications in the Parish, in line with the Cheshire West and Chester plan and the draft Neighbourhood plan which is taken into consideration by Cheshire West and Chester as it has been approved by them (subject to local referendum).
We are currently working on the following key priorities:
- Highways: condition of local roads and A51 traffic issues
- Neighbourhood Development Plan
- COVID19 community support
- Rights of way and footpaths
- Community communication and engagement
Keeping in touch
We would like to keep in contact with you and update you on what we are doing as a Parish Council. If you would like to receive regular updates electronically then please email the Clerk to the Council: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also like our Facebook page or visit our website www.clottonhoofieldparishcouncil.co.uk to keep up to date with Parish Council matters.
Please do consider joining the Parish Council as a Councillor. It’s a voluntary role but you can get a great deal of satisfaction in supporting our community and also learning how we can make a difference and also understand some of the constraints and frustrations that we face. Overall it’s a good thing to do and be part of. It takes as much time and effort as you wish to and are able to give. Your interest and support means a lot to us trying to do our best for the residents of Clotton Hoofield.